My name is Kathryn Doyle and I am the School Counselor for Fairhope Middle School. I am very excited about the opportunity to work with the students, faculty, staff, and Administration of such a great school. I have been employed by the Baldwin County Board of Education since March of 2005. My educational background includes a master's degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of South Alabama. I have been licensed with the state of Alabama as a Professional Counselor since March of 1992. I love what I do, and am committed to helping your student be successful.
As a Middle School Counselor, I am responsible for:
1. Providing direct counseling services to students individually, in small group, or large group instruction.
2. Providing education and support services to parents.
3. Providing consultation services to teachers.
4. Facilitating referrals to community support services.
5. Advising students on academic planning and career guidance.
6. Working with Fairhope High School to inform students of the academic requirements for high school.
7. Acting as Building Test Coordinator.
Should you wish for me to speak with your student, please do not hesitate to either call me or email me. Please be aware that there may be a time when I may talk with your student due to a self-referral, student referral, teacher referral, agency referral, or Administrative referral. Also, your student may be referred for peer mediation conducted by our Peer Helpers for conflict resolution. A Teacher, Counselor, an Administrator, or student may request peer mediation. As a School Counselor, I am here to support your student, and assist in anyway that I can.
Fairhope Middle School's Counseling and Guidance Programs
1. Peer Helper Program certified by the National Association of Peer Program Professionals and funded by the Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation
2. You Are Unique Program for 7th and 8th Grade- Abstinence Program
3. Middle School Level Safe Dates/Relationships Program through the Lighthouse
4. Bullying Curriculum for 7th Grade through the BCMHC
5. Career Cruising for 8th Grade
6. Alabama SUCCESS Program (Career Planning) for 8th Grade
7. Activities/Programs in recognition of Suicide Prevention Week, Red Ribbon Week, Bullying Prevention Week, Youth Violence Prevention Week, and Alcohol Awareness/Prevention of Underage Drinking (Month of April) for 7th and 8th Grade
8. Introduction to the High School Academic Guide for 8th Grade
Please see the Guidance File section for information on a variety of topics including our Anti-Bullying Policy, Harassment/Bullying Report forms, Teen Depression, and the latest copy of the High School Academic Guide.
To explore career opportunities, www.insidejobs.com is a site that offers students information about careers and the training required for them. On Inside Jobs visitors can search for career information by keyword or browse through categorized collections of information. Each career in the list has a short video featuring someone in the industry explaining what they do and how they got into the field. Inside Jobs provides lists of schools that offer programs related to the careers that students are interested in. (Note that the schools do pay to be included on Inside Jobs).
Fairhope Middle School’s Peer Helper Program
Promotes positive communication and interactions among the student body
Facilitates student leadership in bullying prevention
Provides school activities related to suicide prevention awareness, drug abuse prevention, and youth violence prevention
Peer Helpers act as School Ambassadors in the community and promote a welcoming spirit of tolerance and commitment to the wellbeing of their peers
Certified by the National Association of Peer Program Professionals
Funded by the Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation
In addition to being the Fairhope Middle School Counselor, I also serve as the Peer Helper Program Sponsor. For the 2013/2014 School year, we will have 25 Peer Helpers; 8- 7th Grade Peer Helpers and 17- 8th Grade Peer Helpers. I am very excited to work with this great group of students next year!
8th Grade Peer Helpers for 2013/2014
Anna Claire Noblitt
7th Grade Peer Helpers for 2013/2014
Our 7th Grade Peer Helpers have been nominated by the Counselors of Fairhope Intermediate and J. Larry Newton Schools to serve as FMS Peer Helpers:
Mrs. Kathryn Doyle, LPC
School Counselor/Peer Helper Program Coordinator